Announcing our OPR Leadership Team and Community Steering Committee
We are pleased to announce the Official Plan Review (OPR) Leadership Team as well as the nine members from the Aurora community who have been selected to form the OPR Community Steering Committee.
The Leadership Team serves as an advisory role and includes both Council and Town staff representation. The team is engaged at each phase of the Study through the circulation of project updates and the review of key draft documents.
Steering Committee members will be ambassadors for Aurora’s Official Plan Review process. They will attend regular meetings and workshops throughout the process setting the tone for cooperation; ensuring the planning process is inclusive and open; and providing feedback and advice on recommendations to aid in decision-making.
The members of the OPR Leadership Team are:
- Mayor Tom Mrakas
- Councillor Harold Kim
- Councillor Sandra Humfryes
- Al Downey, Director, Operations
- David Waters, Director, Planning & Development Services
- Edward Terry, Project Manager
The members of the OPR Community Steering Committee are:
- Nick Choo (Resident)
- Elnaz Ghafoori (Resident)
- Kathy Kantel (Resident)
- John Hartman (Resident)
- Tim Hammill (Economic Development Board)
- Jeff Lanthier (Heritage Committee)
- Balpreet Grewal (Community Advisory Committee)
- Sandra Ferri (Aurora Chamber of Commerce)
- John Green (Ratepayers of Yonge Street South)
These individuals bring a diverse and impressive set of experience and knowledge that will be invaluable in guiding our Town through this review.
Additional seats on the Community Steering Committee may be added, as chairs of all Ratepayer Associations in Aurora have been invited, but have not yet confirmed.